- Independent Mastering was established in 2001.
- We have custom gear, a friendly dog, and nice people.
- There’s beer in the fridge, good whiskey in the cabinet,,, (we don’t drink while we work — but you can!) There’s always great fresh coffee in abundance.
- Experience: since 1975 (Don); since 1994 (Eric).
- From Vinyl to Digital Delivery / Streaming and back to Vinyl again!
Eric Conn opened Independent Mastering in October 2001 after seven years experience in other facilities. He started his career at Lincoln Mayorga & Doug Sax’s (of The Mastering Lab) audiophile “Direct to Disc” record label, Sheffield Lab Recording. He holds a degree in music, and has mastered records spanning all genre including artists such as Garth Brooks, Neil Young, Joan Osborne, Janis Ian, John Prine, Skid Row, Ted Nugent, Sheryl Crow, George Strait, Trisha Yearwood, Willie Nelson, JJ Cale, and many many more. He has 25+ years of experience making records, which includes producing projects at ericconnproductions.com.
Don Cobb has more than forty years of experience in the recording field. For fifteen of those, he was a recording and mix engineer for some of the top acts in the music industry including James Taylor, The Pointer Sisters, Quincy Jones, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Dan Fogelberg, Jimmy Buffett and Take 6. In 1987, Don transitioned from recording / mixing into mastering. He has participated in the editing and mastering of hundreds of album projects. Don joined Independent Mastering in 2002 and has had the continued pleasure of working with such artist as Garth Brooks, Sheryl Crow, Alison Krauss and Tim O’Brien. Don lives in Nashville with his wife, Jill, and their two sons.
Chaco’s list of credits is growing. In fact, he has two All Music Pages:
We believe this makes him eligible to vote in the Recording Academy. (and possibly more qualified than some)